Initiatives and support packages
Face to face home visits can be made for those most in need, particularly for those who are elderly, isolated, isolating, shielding or who are disabled and cannot attend the surgery for any reason.
We have made the following changes to our typical service hours to benefit those who require our resources:
- Access to support from a Mental Health Social Worker is available
- Satellite venues have been developed from the Knottingley Community Hub and St Marys Community Centre in Pontefract
- A specific timetable has been created for children age between 7-11 years old
- Anger Management for adults is now available
- The NSPCC (National Society of Prevention of Cruelty to children) Parenting course can be accessed.
Please contact us for any help that is required
A formal consultation will be arranged with a package of support agreed.
Access to services with support for any need.
Concerns surrounding a child's safety
We cater to concerns surrounding all aspects including child safety, family functioning, educational achievement or general advice can be gained. All concerns will be followed up with feedback to the person/family and relevant appropriate referrals will be discussed. (Consent will always be sought unless there is a significant risk)
Strategies in managing difficult situations
Counselling/Bereavement Counselling, coping mechanisms, relaxation/meditation and a range of holistic treatments are available including Reiki, Reflexology foot massage, Indian Head Massage.
Confidentiality will always be maintained unless there is a significant risk